.b Mindfulness Programme
.b, pronounced [dot-be], is the UK’s leading mindfulness curriculum for 11-18-year-olds in schools. .b stands for ‘stop and be’, a simple practice which is taught at the heart of this course.
What are ‘.b’s objectives?
.b aims to help young people:
- experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, academically, personally
- improve their concentration and focus in classes helping them to pay attention and listen to others
- work with difficult mental states such as depression, anxious thoughts and low moods
- cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships and family issues
Why your post-primary school should have ‘.b?
The Mindfulness in Schools Project has research to support the fact that young people who completed ‘.b’ had significantly lower depression symptoms and stress and greater wellbeing which is associated with improvements in mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing with these benefits sustained six months later.
‘.b’ is usually taught over ten weeks in a session lasting between 40 minutes and 1 hour. However, AWARE can tailor this to suit the needs and budget of your school.