Malin to Mizen Cycle Challenge
Celebrate AWARE's 20th anniversary and be one of the first 20 people to register for £20
As part of our 20th anniversary celebrations we are offering £20 registration to the first 20 people to register. There is limited availability so we advise you to sign up as soon as possible.
This is a saving of £155 on your registration fee. To avail of this offer don't delay, sign up today!
What makes the AWARE Malin to Mizen cycle challenge different to other charity cycles?
- We offer quality hotel accommodation throughout the cycle to ensure you get a good nights rest
- All food, water and snacks are included
- You will receive an AWARE branded cycling t-shirt for FREE for the duration of your cycle
- You will be treated to a celebratory dinner at the end of cycle event
- Coach transfers will be provided on Day 1 from Belfast to Malin Head
- Coach transfers will be provided on Day 8 from Clonakilty to Belfast
- All your luggage will be transferred daily
- Cycling with the group will be a doctor, a mechanic, a tour manager and an AWARE representative.
- A support vehicle will follow the cycle for anyone who may need to rest
What is the minimum sponsorship?
All participants should raise a minimum of £1750 sponsorship. When you register for Malin to Mizen you will be sent a registration pack which is full of exciting and innovative ways to raise this sponsorship money. Our Fundraising Officers will be on hand to give you any advice you need and send out any promotional material needed for your fundraising events. Click here to set up your Malin to Mizen JustGiving page
What is the cycling itinerary?
Day 1 - Malin Head - Buncrana 32 miles / 52km approx.
Day 2 - Buncrana - Irvinestown 67 miles / 108km approx.
Day 3 - Irvinestown - Roscommon 79 miles / 127km approx.
Day 4 - Roscommon - Limerick 87 miles / 139km approx.
Day 5 - Limerick - Blarney 63 miles / 101km approx.
Day 6 - Blarney - Clonakilty 37 miles / 59km approx.
Day 7 - Clonakilty - Mizen Head 50 miles / 80 km approx.
Day 8 - Travel back to Belfast by coach.
Is there a relay option?
Yes, relay teams can take part in Malin to Mizen! Team size: between 3-6 people. Registration fee: £20 per team member (non-refundable). Minimum fundraising: £1750 per team. For more FAQ's about the relay option, please click Relay FAQs
(The not so small print)
- Participants must be over 18 and deemed to have a good level of fitness
- The event is tough and will appeal to those who take regular exercise
- All participants are strongly advised to consult their GP prior to undertaking any exercise programme
- Registration fee is usually £175 but has been reduced to £20 for the first 20 participants who sign up before Thursday 11 February 2016.