We understand you can’t go and meet your friends in person, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get together virtually! If you are looking for something fun to do on the weekend with your friends, a virtual 'pub quiz' could be the answer. By supporting AWARE in the process you will be helping those living in Northern Ireland with depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.
Things you’ll need
- A quiz crew (we recommend 6-8 people but there is no limit on players)
- A quiz master to facilitate the questions, and ensure there is no cheating
- Smartphone/Laptop with access to video software such as Zoom or Skype
- Pen and Paper
- Questions/answers- you can make these up yourself or we've got you covered with our downloadable general knowledge quiz!
You can download the AWARE general knowledge quiz questions and answers below:
AWARE General Knowledge Quiz
AWARE General Knowledge Quiz Answers
How to organise a virtual quiz night for AWARE
- Organise a day and time that suits your quiz crew.
- Choose your video platform- we recommend Zoom/Skype.
- Nominate a quiz master to facilitate the evening.
- Choose a theme- you could all wear a funny hat or dress up in your favourite outfit! We suggest wearing something yellow to show you're supporting AWARE.
- Donate to AWARE on the big day. You can do this via the AWARE JustGiving page, we really appreciate any amount you can give.
- Get your drinks and snacks prepared!
- The quiz master should download the AWARE General Knowledge quiz questions and answers or you can make your own!
- Start quizzing! Get your video software set up, wait until everyone joins and begin your quiz.
- The quiz master should call out the questions of each round, once each round is over the participants should then send the quiz master their answers via text so he/she can verify the scores.
- Once the round is over and the quiz master has received all of the participants answers, he/she should then call out the answers for the round before moving on.
- Once you have completed all of the quiz rounds, the quiz master should reveal the winner (in the most dramatic way possible!) but it's important to remember you are all winners as your contribution has went to support those living in Northern Ireland who are struggling with their mental health.
Thanks for playing!
We really appreciate the support, funds raised will go to support those in Northern Ireland struggling with their mental health, particularly at this time.
Please remember to quote #HomeAndAWARE and make sure to tag AWARE on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
If you are interested in any of our other virtual fundraising ideas click here.