COMPETITION: Framed and signed Michael Conlan singlet up for grabs
AWARE - the national depression charity for Northern Ireland has teamed up with their ambassador Michael Conlan to offer a signed, framed singlet ahead of his upcoming debut in New York on St Patricks Day. The singlet was donated from Michael himself and kindly framed by North Belfast owned company, Acorn Professional Picture Framing as a way of showing their support for the charity.
The West Belfast boxer joined North Belfast charity, AWARE as an ambassador in March 2013 in a bid to encourage young people to speak up if they are suffering from depression. In an interview with the Irish Daily Star, Michael said that before he worked with AWARE, he used to think that people who completed suicide were selfish, but now he understands that they are not, they are actually in a situation where they don’t know what they’re doing and feel they are have no other alternative.
Michelle Byrne, Communications Officer for AWARE said,
“To celebrate Michael’s first professional debut, we have a signed vest from when Michael won Gold in the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014. Michael has been a fantastic ambassador for AWARE and we are delighted that he has given us this signed top from such a momentous time in his boxing career. I would encourage everyone to enter this competition as we hope that by people sharing this competition on Facebook – we will reach people who may need our help and support.
“As a charity we have five Belfast Support Groups running weekly and fortnightly helping to support people with the illness of depression and their families. Support from people like Michael is important in helping us to get our message of hope out there. We are looking forward to Michael winning his fight and reaching for bigger and better things in his professional boxing career – everyone at AWARE sends our best wishes to him from Belfast to New York!”
The competition is open to everyone and is free of charge to enter. All you have to do is visit the AWARE Facebook page by searching @AwareNI and liking the page. After this, like and share the competition post using the hashtag #FightingDepressionTogether
Terms and Conditions:
- The promoter of the competition is AWARE. AWARE is registered with the charity commission for Northern Ireland NIC100561.
- Winner will be announced after the entry closing date on Tuesday 21 March at 23:59.
- Winner must be able to collect the prize at either the Belfast or Derry/L'derry offices of AWARE within two weeks of announcement. If no contact is made within two weeks, a new winner will be picked at random.
- To qualify for this promotion, participants must fully complete entry requirements as set out in the Facebook post.
- The prize will only be issued when all the conditions mentioned above are strictly fulfilled.
- AWARE reserve the right to change the rules or withdraw this competition at any time.
- The random selection decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or submits an entry that is not in accordance with the T&Cs.
- No cash alternative is available in exchange for the prizes.
- AWARE retains the rights to publicise the name of the winner. (The winner can only be tagged if the AWARE Facebook page is liked so please make sure all steps are followed correctly.)