16 October 2013
Aware Defeat Depression is currently seeking Fundraising Volunteers to help raise funds to support our work. All you need to do is choose something to do from our calendar of fundraising events or you can organise your own event.
- As a fundraising volunteer you are vitally important to Aware Defeat Depression—without your support we could not deliver our services across NI
- The money raised by you will allow us to continue to help people with depression recover from the illness.
- It also helps us to remove the stigma associated with depression by encouraging people to talk about their mental health
- Our services include over 20 support groups that meet regularly across Northern Ireland and a telephone helpline service
- We also provide a range of education programmes which provide people with the tools to build their personal resilience against poor mental health
There are no qualifications needed to be a fundraising volunteer for Aware. Simply choose something to do from our calendar of fundraising events or you can organise your own event like a coffee morning, quiz night or fashion show.
That’s really up to you and what you feel you can give
- After taking part in your first fundraising activity for the Charity you may want to consider joining or forming your own fundraising group to organise bigger events in your local area. We will support you to do this.
- Volunteering helps you to gain experience that may prove useful in your career
- It allows you meet new people
- You will definitely learn some new skills
- You will make a difference to the lives of people with depression
When you contact Kieran he will:
- Discuss what you want to do for us and what we will do for you
- Provide you with our fundraising guide
- Talk about our calendar of events
- Provide you with a fudnraising pack if necessary
- Talk about the support we will give you
- You will always be supported in your fundraising by Kieran.
For more information and to make an application: