Ulster Bank One Week in June
Thousands of staff from across Ulster Bank’s 44 branches embarked upon a wide range of fundraising activities in June to support AWARE, from cycling, walking and zip-lining to cinema nights, golf outings, concerts and hosting customer tea, coffee and cakes events.
The annual staff led summer campaign raised an amazing £105,227 for AWARE. A huge thank you to all staff, customers and supporters for raising this fantastic amount for mental health.
AWARE is the depression charity for Northern Ireland offering support and education on depression and bipolar disorder. Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide with more than 300 million people affected. It is estimated that 1 in 4 of us will be affected by mental ill health at some stage in our lives.
Public support is crucial in allowing AWARE to continue to reach the people who need us most - thank you for your support.
Some fundraising activities which took place across the branches include:
* Coleraine - The Bank Manager spent some time in the stocks 11-15 June.
* Dunmurray - The branch auctioned signed Carl Frampton boxing gloves 11-18 June.
* Larne - Different staff members made lunch every Friday - their own Come Dine With Me.
* Castlewellan - A staff member climbed Slieve Donard on 10 June.
* Lurgan - Hosted a duck derby on 13 June.
* Newry - Hosted a BBQ for staff and customers in Castlewellan Forest Park on 14 June.
* Warrenpoint - Auctioned a signed NI Niall McGinn top 11-18 June.
* Culmore Road, Derry/Londonderry - Static bike challenge 14 June and climbed Mount Errigal on 23 June.
* Dungannon - 10K walk after work on 13 June.
* Magherafelt - The Bank Manager ran 13 miles to work on 13 June and afternoon tea on 12 June.
* Omagh - Hosted a quiz and raffle in the Coach Inn on 12 June at 9pm.
* Waterside, Derry/Londonderry - Soak the Banker on 13 June and a Bake Sale on 15 June.